Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time and Seasons

Almost nine months have passed here, and Boo has kept her word to continue to inspire. Still working and teaching, she will, nevertheless be returning home this fall. She has students who adore her. One young girl, in particular,recognizes a kindred spirit in the mare's soul. They spent days this summer in each other's company, bareback, saddled, haltered and bridled, wandering over the farm, free and completely in the moment with each other. Boo finds these people to share her journey, taking them on her broad back to worlds of possibility and dreams, and I hate to bring her home to a quiet life here. I am hoping her new friends will visit her, perhaps ride her. She will miss her herd and particularly her best friend, Blue, who is moving out of state.

But, Boo has taken me away from musts and shoulds to wills and yesses. She has never gotten ahead of me and waits, her eyes huge and open, ready for her doddering old mother. We've trail ridden, jumped, ridden out in the field, played, and been happy...at least, I've been happy!

We are looking for a young girl like Libby, who will join in Boo's adventures and tell her secrets and braid her forelock and tail. I so long to be that young girl for Boo.

Perhaps she will be my path to renewal and joy, seeing past my wrinkles and regrets to a soul wanting to break free.

No comments:

Post a Comment